Thursday, January 24, 2013

Travel Sewing Kit


This trio of sewing items were quick to make, and will be another go to gift for sewing friends.

I loved the trio of gifts that Indiana Dreams made for her scrappy swap partner.
 
 

I have made the thread catcher previously for myself, the tutorial by Needling Things is clear and concise.  The thread catcher packs flat to go with whatever current sewing project I am working on. It could easily be made from two layer cake fabrics- or any 10 inch piece of fabric from your stash.


Snap fastener added as closure for the cotton reels.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend will be very happy. You made a great tutorial for these thread catchers, sorry I didn't associate your new name with the old one before....now I know who you are :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the confusion, i did not write the turorial for the thread catchers. I have amended my post to clarify the correct owner of the wonderful tutorial.
      I agree though - a great tutorial, and my friend will be happy.

      Delete